Saturday, February 18, 2012

Ties that bind

I just cast up a few samples of the new, larger, rough-cut ties for the Micro Engineering track. Wonder of wonders, they work! No photos yet. I am busy painting a small section and will shoot photos sometime next week. Installed, they really change the appearance of the On30 track.

I am also assembling the piping on the vertical boiler steamer now. I hope to have some shots of it too next week. This will be the power for The Last Resort line up the 4% grade. It will actually be number 2; the #1, a not too successful unit, having been pushed off the end of the track into the ocean because there was no room to store anything that didn't work on the limited track work.

I hope next month I can start on the actual bench work before I forget what I want to do! Its all on paper, however, as most modelers know, when drawings on paper are transferred to three dimensions, nothing ever works like it did on that paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment