Tuesday, February 14, 2012

New, larger power on the way to Grande Barbosa

I am working on several new pieces of power for the Grande Barbosa Island Railway. They are not really photo-ready as yet, but I will post a few in the works shots. One is a Heisler clone and is built upon an Athearn HO SW Diesel loco frame while the other beast is powered by two Bachmann On30 Street Car motor blocks. This one is a somewhat close copy of a real New Zealand logging loco. My unit is "powered" by a Rolls Royce engine from a 1/24 model kit I happened to be hoarding for years. Many detail parts for these units were cast in resin from my own patterns to make things easier for me. That way I only need to build something once!

The vertical boiler loco for The Last Resort island off the coast of Grande Barbosa, is nearing completion. I am just awaiting some pipe joints. When this one is finished I will post photos of her. She will be available as a resin parts conversion kit that uses the Bachmann On30 Davenport as a donor. This is a tiny loco and follows two prototypes somewhat in its design.

 The story of The Last Resort will begin pretty soon right here...

No comments:

Post a Comment