Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Progress... of sorts

A little bit of progress has been made on the vertical boiler teakettle. All of the piping is finished including my own styrene water pump, hand operated! The paint and most weathering is done and the roof is in place. I have one more brace to finish. Those were nightmares! My eyes and hand coordination are not what they used to be.

I will shoot photos next week since I have the instruction booklet to finish for the dollhouse-size country store kit and will be doing the photography for that. The deadline for the show is March 2. It makes a great looking 1/2" scale wood store and although it is for the dollhouse market, there's no reason it couldn't be used as a railroad piece in large scale. Nice as it is, it just won't fit on the island of Grande Barbosa.

I've been toying with foam rocks of various sorts of late trying to figure out the way that suits me best. I am leaning more towards expanded urethane and fine floral foam, both covered in texture paint.

Now back to painting the engineer for the teakettle...

No comments:

Post a Comment