Thursday, March 22, 2012

More on Cementos #3


Here are a couple of detail shots of the building of the saddle tanker. The pilot beams were made of styrene and carved to resemble wood. The coupler pockets are resin castings from another project. That's one reason why I cast things. You never know when they will come in handy again! The interior shows here. Most of the items are my own resin castings. The small fuel oil tank is on the left side of the cab with a low engineer's seat on the right. The steam gauge is a Cambrian styrene part.

I am working on a detailed article for this loco along with scale drawings to come soon.

3 comments:

  1. Just checking to make sure all is working...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, wow. It only took jumping thru a dozen cyber-hoops but I finally figured-out the mystery of my disappearing comments. The secret key is which cyber-hoop to jump thru first... Onward...

    ReplyDelete